Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wip Wednesday - #18

Good Morning.  I haven't updated my WiPs in a couple of weeks so it feels good to sort through and figure out what I have completed and what needs to be worked on.

Finished:
I finished both of my donation quilts for 100 Quilts for Kids.  I loved participating in such a special event.

 The boy quilt - blogged here.

The baby girl quilt - blogged here.

In Progress:
Kitchen Windows - I have all the center pieces of the blocks together but I still have to attach the sashing and complete the top.  



Dead Simple Quilt - All 320 squares are cut and I have assembled 4 rows but I still have 12 more rows to go.  They sew up pretty quickly though.

I made myself two charts to refer to while I am assembling this quilt, one in color and one with the color name written in the block.  There are so many shades of purple and green in this quilt that I kept getting them confused so it was necessary to print the color names and put a label on the stack of squares so I could be confident I was choosing the right color to attach to it's neighboring square.


Bottled Rainbows - no progress made on this one lately.  I have all 16 color frames made but I need to sew them onto the batting and let the fun of attaching the ticker tape scraps begin.

Begging for Binding:
My Loulouthi Quilt is waiting so patiently for a binding.  I will do it before Monday so I can take it to show & tell at my quilt guild meeting.
Hooty Hoot - STILL sitting in a pile waiting for binding.

Begging for Backing:
Single Girl - I wish I hadn't lost interest in this quilt.  It will be such a cute little quilt.

New Projects:
I'm happy to report that I haven't started any new projects this week.

On the Bubble:
Even though I haven't started any new projects my mind is swirling around with some ideas for making some little handmade gifts for Christmas.  I would like to make a couple of small bags, pot holders, mug rugs, and dish soap aprons.  There are a lot of ideas floating around in the quilting blogosphere to provide lots of great inspiration.

At the long arm quilter:
Summer Sampler

Linking up to Lee at Freshly Pieced.  I know there's a lot of great inspiration from some very talented quilters on her linkup page.  Hope you have some time to check it out!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

12 comments:

Marlene @ KISSed Quilts . com said...

Your work is nice and fresh! Beautiful to look at!

Linz said...

I love those donation quilts!! I voted for Neptune!! :) Anyway, the dead simple quilt will look awesome! I can't wait to see it in fabric!

Kelsey said...

LOVE those fabrics for the Kitchen Windows!

Kristen, pajama mama said...

loving the dead simple quilt! can't wait to see more of your progress on it-but no pressure :)

Jennifer said...

i LOVE the plus sign quilt, totally on my list of "to-do's"!!
that kitchen window is fabulous!

Pat Merkle said...

Wow, I really love all of your quilts. Great color choices!

Cassie said...

I love the colors for your dead simple quilt! The donations quilts are wonderful too!!

amylouwhosews said...

WOW WOW and WOW! that plus sign quilt is so amazing! I would have a hard time keeping track of it too!

the 100 quilts for kids quilts are so nice! And the Joel Dewberry for the kitchen windows! Love it.

Debbie said...

Everything is sooo beautiful! Love your solids for the Dead Simple! I'll enjoy seeing that come together!

Kate S. said...

I love your kitchen windows - Heirloom is such a beautiful fabric and it looks great with the purple sashing! The 100 quilts for kids quilts both look great too!

Lee said...

Your Heirloom quilt is gorgeous! I have a big stack of that and I've been contemplating how to use it. It's so large scale, Kitchen Windows is a great way to show that off.

Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

Kirsten said...

Your kitchen windows quilt is looking lovey!