Thursday, January 24, 2013

3 down and 2 to go

I've finished 3 boy quilts so far this month and still have two more to quilt and bind.  These quilts are going to five boys in a cottage at the children's home that my Sunday School class is sponsoring.  We give each boy in the home a birthday party and along with their gift they also get a quilt.  Surprisingly the boys have LOVED all their quilts and I hope these quilts are equally loved.

This quilt is for Nick, he specifically requested a soccer quilt.  I hope it's soccer enough for him. Ha!  The inspiration for this quilt came from a quilt designed by Bijou Lovely.  I had to increase the dimensions to make it a lap size.


Deandre will receive this quilt and I hope he likes it.  I copied the back of a quilt made by Felicity Quilts for this quilt.  I love the simplicity of it and it is backed with a orange/blue batik.


I think I should have made a date with the iron before I took these pictures...


This is my version of the My Guy quilt that I've seen a bunch of places on the internet but mainly on this site.  I changed the sizes of the rectangles a little to make it the size I needed and decided against an outer border.  I had a lot of homespun flannels left over from some raggedy quilts I've made in the past so I used those for the smaller rectangles and Kona black for the larger rectangles.  I think it turned out very manly and I'm sure Darien will like it.


another view...


I have to get busy quilting and binding the last two because today is Thursday and the party is Sunday.  Nothing like some last minute sewing, right?
I can't wait to show you the other ones!
Have a great day!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

What awesome boy quilts! I'm partial to 'my guy'....I made one too, and I love its simplicity in design. Good going!