Hello Wednesday, weren't you just here yesterday?
- I am proud to say I have delivered my Compassion Quilt. My friend was so surprised and LOVED the quilt and the Bible verses quilted into it. I pray she finds it comforting.
- I am sewing my sashing and cornerstones onto my Summer Sampler quilt. I was so happy this weekend when my youngest daughter asked me if that quilt could be for her. Of course it can be for you precious! She wants me to put her name on the back of it. I know how her brain works. She wants to make sure no one else can ever lay claim to that quilt. Smart little cookie. I think this would make a great birthday present for her and that's coming up in October. I just have to make a backing for it and then I'll send it off to be quilted.
- Bottled Rainbows - I didn't get any other blocks made for this one yet. Very anxious to get back to it though. Now I see why so many people joined up on that quilt along. It's very addictive.
- Neptune - I won a charm pack of Neptune from Kate (thanks, Kate!) so I'm going to use it to make a boy quilt for the 100 Quilts for Kids. She posted a really simple and cute charm pack quilt that lends itself perfectly to that fabric.
- I need to make a sample block of this gorgeous paper pieced pattern called Circle of Geese by Beth Maddocks. The Sometimes Crafter used her block and made a tutorial for the block. She made this one.
|image from http://sometimescrafter.blogspot.com/2009/08/tutorial-paper-piecing-block.html|
At the quilter:
- Loulouthi - yeah! I made the backing over the weekend and am very happy with it.
- I started and finished a quilt top for 100 Quilts for Kids over the weekend. It is a sweet little baby girl quilt but I want to wait and show it when it is completely finished.
On the Bubble:
- Heirloom Quilt - I am shocked I haven't started this one yet! At least I decided on a pattern though.
- Rubik's Crush
Begging for Backing &/or Binding:
- Hooty Hoot - Would somebody have a boy already to give me a reason to put the binding on this quilt? I want it to go to someone I know.
- Single Girl - I need to get a backing made for this and sent it off to be quilted.
I'm off to see what my other quilting buddies are up to today over at Freshly Pieced.