Wednesday, July 20, 2011

WiP Wednesday

Hello Wednesday!  I sewed a lot this week but I don't feel like I have very much to show for it.

Finished:
Block #2, the Greek Cross,  for the Summer Sampler Quilt.  I'm enjoying working with these solids for the Summer Sampler Series.  I'm going to catch up on my other blocks this week.


In Progress:
Compassion Quilt for my friend - I'm using the Potpourri Palette from Anna Maria Horner's Innocent Crush fabric line and the Urban Cabin pattern by Atkinson Designs for this quilt.  I actually goofed up on the pattern and I'm pretty bummed about it.  The pattern says to use two different fabrics in each of the blocks but I was not paying attention and sewed all mine up with the same fabric in each block.  My husband thinks I should take them all apart and redo it but I just can't imagine doing that.  I have a love/hate relationship with my seam ripper and the thought of ripping out all those seams makes me crazy.  What a waste of time.  Do you think it looks ok?  It would look so much better if the fabrics were more mixed up like the pattern calls for.  You know, I may have just talked myself into taking them apart and rearranging them.  I'm never going to be happy with this quilt if I don't and I won't feel 100% happy when I give it to my friend if I know I goofed up on it.


Purple for The Grandmomma - haven't made any further progress on this one.

New Project:
Optical Illusion block - I just have to try this.  Inspiredbyfelix made a gorgeous block out of red and white and I'm so intrigued by it.  She was kind enough to send me her instructions and now I'm dying to try it out.  I hope mine turns out as beautiful as hers is. 

Begging for a Backing:
Single Girl
Loulouthi - I decided what I'm going to do on the back of this.

Begging for a Binding:
Red/White Wonky Star - I have the quilt squared up and the binding made, now I just have to attach it.  I can't WAIT to have this one finished and on my bed. It's 103" x 103" - yikes!  Wonder how long it will take to get the binding on that one.  
Superman/Batman - binding is made but that's it.
Baby Hooty - still waiting.

On the Bubble:
Rubik's Crush - getting closer to starting this one! yeah!
Fifi & Fido - 100 Quilts for Kids - thinking...

On the lookout - I've got my eye out for the perfect fabric to make:
Swoon - auditioning fabric on a daily basis - still looking.
Chopsticks

As always, linking up to Lee at Freshly Pieced.  Isn't she just the best hostess?

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

7 comments:

Linz said...

Very nice greek cross! Everything looks awesome!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great looking solid cross. I think your block are neat with the same fabric instead of 2 different ones. I would definitely leave them.

Melinda said...

I know that feeling! I have lots of little single things I finished but nothing overall so I'm not feeling the progress. I saw that red and white! Can't wait to see your version. It all looks great Mitzi!

Lynette said...

The quilt for your friend is turning out so nicely. Love the urban cabin piecing.

Diane said...

The Urban Cabin is not a mistake, its custom! Don't even think about taking it apart, it looks lovely!

Debbie said...

Just noticed in your post that you are planning on making SWOON - it is so fun! I'm just made two mini-swoons; one of these days I'll make a full-size. Good luck finding just the right fabric!

Lee said...

Your Greek Cross is just beautiful, nice job. And the Innocent Crush pattern is really interesting, looking forward to seeing more of it. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )