Wednesday, July 6, 2011

WiP Wednesday - Loulouthi edition

I'm so happy to have some WiPs to report this week.  All is right with the world when I have a quilt (or 4) in progress.

Finished:
The paisley Color Splash quilt.  This one is going to a recent high school graduate.  I hope she loves it! (fingers crossed)


In Progress:
Loulouthi Garden quilt.  I spent all day Monday (which just so happened to be my birthday) cutting this one out.  I love to cut quilt patterns but I don't think I've ever spent as much time cutting a top as I did this one.  Whew!  I fussy cut a lot of the squares and then the sizes were odd so I would have to stack rulers together to get the size I needed...and well, that ate up a lot of time. It's going to be so worth it.  I'm so glad I have the design walls.  I don't know what I ever did without them.  Well, I do know - I made a million trips from my sewing machine in the dining room to my bedroom where I used my bed as the design wall.


Begging for a Backing:
Single Girl

Begging for a Binding:
Baby Hooty

At the Quilter:
Red/white Wonky star - can't wait to see this one all quilted up!
Superman/Batman

New Projects:
Summer Sampler Series - couldn't resist this one.
Bottled Rainbows - hoping to introduce this ticker tape style to my quilt guild and hope they like it as much as I do.  Should be fun!

On the Bubble:
Rubik's Crush
Purple for The Grandmomma
Fifi & Fido - 100 Quilts for Kids
Ironing board cover - I need a new one!  I want to make it myself out of fabric I love.  Why am I so scared to tackle this?  I just need to do it and quit stalling.

On the lookout - I've got my eye out for the perfect fabric to make:
Swoon
Chopsticks

And most importantly, Happy Birthday to my precious little 8 year old girl!  I love you Josie!  I thank God for you every day.  I would live every day of your life all over again.  You are awesome!  I can't wait to see what 8 has in store for us.


And of course, linking up to Lee at Freshly Pieced. If you have time please go check out all the fabulous links over there.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

Linz said...

Happy birthday to you and your darling girl!

Great projects!! That finished quilt is gorgeous!

Lee said...

Happy birthday! (A day late!) The Loulouthi quilt is going to be beautiful. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

Melinda said...

Happy Birthday Josie! I saw that Garden quilt design and wondered. I may use another set of fabrics on it. I love the color splash; she'll love it.

Lynette said...

Happy Birthday to your girl! :D I do really love the Loulouthi project.

Kirsten said...

I love the LouLouthi fabrics!