Saturday, June 11, 2011

100 Quilts for Kids

Swim, Bike, Quilt

I have been a stalker reader of Kate's blog at Swim Bike Quilt for a while.  Although I admire her quilts I most admire her for her charity work (and the fact that she's training for a triathlon).  She and the DC Modern Quilt Guild are hosting their second annual charity event, 100 Quilts for Kids.  She explains it by saying "Instead of frantically sewing charity quilts in November and December, this year's quilt drive will take place from September 15-October 15, after the lazy days of summer and before the rush of holiday preparations begins!"  Exactly.  That is a perfect time of year to make a charity quilt.  The holidays are too rushed as it is.  There will be a reader's choice prize for the favorite donated quilt along with some great giveaways geared at encouraging participation in this charity quilting event.

You can read all about it here on Kate's post. I know just the quilt I'll donate to this great cause!  Baby and kid quilts are my favorite to make and I have the perfect one right ready to go.  Yeah!  Help spread the word by going to her site, grabbing a button and posting it on your blog.  If you do decide to add the button to your blog be sure to leave Kate a comment on her original post and you will be entered to win 1 of 5 great quilt market giveaways.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

No fair, you've already got one made! I need to figure out something to make. Maybe use up my Sherbet Pips mini charms!

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

Thanks so much! Can't wait to see what you have made/make.