Wednesday, May 4, 2011

WiP Wednesday...

See this?


That's a picture of my sad and lonely sewing machine. Poor little thing. She hasn't even been turned on in a month. A whole month of 30 days. That's crazy for me.

See this?


That's my even sadder and lonelier design wall. Awww. It's just standing there begging for some fabric to be arranged on it.

I usually sew every single day but ever since spring break, back in April, I've just been in a funk. I'm making myself pull out of it though. I must, I must, I must increase my bust! I mean...sewing time. That was a little reference to a Judy Blume book I read in fourth grade. Anybody know which book I'm referring to?

My current design WiP is a Superhero quilt for a young boy. One side will be all Superman fabric and the flip side will be all Batman fabric. I will be using the Just Can't Cut It pattern for the Batman side but I designed the Superman side myself. I used AutoCad to draw out my design and figure out the dimensions. I just wish the colors would have shown up in the picture.



The first sewing project to be tackled is to apply this binding...


to this Picture Day quilt. This quilt was designed by Oh, Fransson! and was a lot of fun to make. I would definitely make another one. I love the back as much as the front if not more.

I will be so glad to see that quilt bound and labeled. It is going to live with a good friend of mine. The youth at my church had an auction to raise money for summer camp and I put that quilt in the auction and she won the bidding on it. This quilt will be so lovely in her home and that makes me happy.

Goals for the week:
- Bind Picture Day quilt
- Make backing for Color Wheel quilt
- Quilt and bind Color Wheel quilt - doing this one myself - eeek!
- Make backing for Single Girl quilt and send to the longarmer.

I could go on and on but I'm going to stop there for now. I don't want to get crazy with my plans for the week.

Linking up to Lee at Freshly Pieced. There's tons of creativity going on over there. Check it out.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

6 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Gee sounds like you have been busy even without your sewing machine hummming. I like the block you designed but please tell me what is AutoCad? Can't say as I have heard of it.
I need to be a bit more productive too, I have been in a funk as you call it as well.I usually sew every day too but sometimes I just get "out of it". Can't wait to see your little boys quilt. And nice job on the Oh Fransson quilt.

Melinda said...

Good luck Mitzi! I'm glad you're pulling yourself through. Everybody goes through a funk. Mine are usually based on attention span. I jump from craft area to craft area. Sewing is the one area I've stayed the longest in, but I think it's because there are so many different avenues you can take within it. I can't wait to see your stuff at guild!

Lindsey said...

oooh oooh me, me! I loved that book - I remember reading it (probably earlier than I should have) and asking my mom why I would need a belt under my clothes. That was a fun discussion!

Bree said...

Good luck with your goals this week! I know it can be rough to get out of the funk, sometimes you just need the right project to work on.

Your picture day quilt is beautiful, you've got a lucky friend!

Kelly @ Vintage Fabric Studio said...

thanks for the encouragement about funkiness - I firmly believe the only way to get out of the funk is to get behind the sewing machine and stitch it out! Good luck!

Leanne said...

I hope the funk goes away and I hope you will be easy on yourself, that is a long list. The quilt plan looks like fun, I look forward to seeing it progress.