Wednesday, September 28, 2011

WiP Wednesday - #17

Hello Wednesday!  I'm happy to see you.  As usual, I'm linking up to Lee at Freshly Pieced.  Linking up to WiP Wednesday is about the only way I can keep all my quilting ducks in a row.  It may not be a straight row, but it's a row at least.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Finished:
I don't have any completely finished projects this week.

In Progress:
I started working on my Kitchen Windows quilt using Heirloom in the sapphire colorway.  I have it cut out and on the design wall.


Bottled Rainbows - no new progress except that I collected some blue scraps at my quilt guild meeting.  That was a lot of fun.

New Projects:
-I haven't admitted it to myself but I think I'm secretly participating in Lily's QAL for the Dead Simple Quilt.  I have the palette chosen, the layout all finished and the fabrics all purchased.  Time to get out of denial, huh?

Dead Simple Quiltalong

-My second new project is going to take me a while to finish.  Here's a peek at what it will be.  I'll tell you more about it later.


Waiting for Binding:
The Grandmomma was good to me this week.  She finished the long arm quilting on 3 of my quilts and now they are ready for binding.  That will be my weekend project! yeah!

Hope you all have a great day!

5 comments:

Linz said...

I love that you are secretly participating. So secretly that even you don't know! :) You're so cute!!

I love that block! It's pretty!

Melinda said...

Love your block! It's coming along great. I posted mine too. I realized after the fact that it is the block people are using for the Kaleidoscope quilt. Love the new color scheme for your blog too!

Debbie said...

Wow! Cool kitchen windows(!), welcome to the qa(!), & love your new project! Lots of fun stuff

Fun post - thanks! ;-)

ARTSAVVY said...

oooh la la...red is screaming and I love it....love that string quilt block toooooo...heh heh

Sharon said...

I LOVE your new look...you know how much I love red!!! Great job on your block. I like the grey & yellow alot!