Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I love my Quilt Guild!

Last night was the monthly meeting of the my local quilt guild, Common Threads.  I couldn't hardly wait for last night to get here so I could introduce the new quilt along that we will be doing for the next few months.  We are going to use Rachel's Bottled Rainbows tutorial for her ticker tape quilt along.  Thank you, Rachel, for giving us permission to use your quilt.  I am so happy with the number of ladies that want to participate.  I think we have around 50 members in the guild and so far 20 ladies are going to make the quilt!  I think those are great odds.  So very exciting!  I am looking forward to next month so we can swap our scraps with other members.

I made the cerise block to take as an example for those who weren't familiar with this quilt.  I love this color!  I am a new convert to the color cerise.  I didn't know what my world was lacking without it!


We also had a lady there that was selling fat quarters for $1.25 - amazing, right?  She had some good stuff.  I couldn't resist these.


and these...


and a couple black and whites...


and a little Katie Jump Rope, too.


We also played Quilto last night.  It's a quilter's version of Bingo.  We each could pay 3 fat quarters and have 3 Quilto cards to play on.  The prizes were a 3-pack of fat quarters for each game until the big mambo jambo game where we had to fill up all the blocks on the whole card.  The prize for that was 27 fat quarters.  Guess who won that?  Not me!  Melinda won it!  That girls wins more prizes than anybody I've ever met in my life!  So happy for her.  She was sweet and shared 1 of her fat quarters with me.  I'm not sure but it might have been because I was drooling all over that fat quarter.

All of this was just to say - I love my quilt guild!  The ladies are all so talented and sweet and just so much fun to be around - each and every one of them.

6 comments:

Linz said...

hahaha! She DOES win a lot! :) GREAT looking Cerise block. I LOVE that color too! Cute fat quarters!!!

Melinda said...

All I can say is that I HOPE my blocks look half as good as yours!

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

Thanks!! I didn't know ANYONE had KJR left!!

qwiltnknitnut said...

I am so excited about the Bottled Rainbows QAL! So many members came up to me talking about how they loved the idea, since it was a new idea to all of them. Your Guild loves you back!

ARTSAVVY said...

Send all thaos fq to me! I might need them for my BR quilt.

ARTSAVVY said...

What a nice tribute to your gandmother. Hope you and John look happier at 5o years.