Friday, April 29, 2011

Finally Friday...

Hello and Happy Friday! I loved waking up and turning the TV on to check on the weather for the day only to find the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton this morning. Lovely! I've been anxiously awaiting the event and even set my DVR last week to record every moment of it so I wouldn't miss anything but then when the actual day comes, I forget about it. Last night I was talking to my girls about the wedding and my five year old says "Wait, what? Princesses are for real? really for real? Did she come from a castle?" So cute. She wasn't pleased to find out that they are in England and not here in America. That was kind of a downer for her.

I'm so glad it's Friday. We're going to the Relay for Life event tonight. I love to celebrate those who have survived cancer! When we get home from that my husband will be gone to the drag races and after the girls are in bed I have big plans to sew and sew and sew some more. The sad part of it is that before I can get one of the tops basted that I need to quilt, I will have to clean my kitchen floors. urgh! I'm not a big fan of mopping but it has to be done. The backing of this quilt is white and I don't want any dirt to get on it at all so mopping is a must. Oh, I have an idea, I could just mop a section big enough to lay the quilt on! I'm a genius. hee hee.

Have you seen this quilt? Introducing: The Mona Lisa.


I just can't get it out of my head. It was designed by Emily Cier of Carolina Patchworks. I have been an admirer of hers for quite a while but this and her other Fine Art Series quilts are absolutely stunning. Stunning. The amount of brainpower and creativity that went into just one of these just blows me away, but the fact that she has soooo many different ones and each are just as fabulous as the next is incredible to me. I would love to know how much time went into designing and creating one of those quilts.

Well, send some happy cleaning thoughts my way....I'm outta here.


2 comments:

Melinda said...

I watched some of the wedding myself. Had to see the balcony stuff! Glad you're back!

Lee said...

My 4-year-old and I watched a little of the wedding this morning, and she said to me, "Are they going to stay in those clothes (their wedding clothes) forever?" I said, "No, of course not, they'll put on normal clothes after this." She was horrified and said, "But princesses don't wear NORMAL CLOTHES!" Gotta love what Disney does to these girls. : )